Swiftek is your Personal Technology Consultant
"...giving you the power of a Geek while keeping your cool."
We have the expertise to help you get the most from whatever you spend. If you need help with a problem or just wish your stuff could do more, contact us for a free consultation.
Free & Discount Services
Swiftek provides top-quality service to anyone who needs it, and may donate labor & used parts to non-profits, residents and small businesses. If you have a genuine need, please contact us to see if we can help.
Websites by Swiftek
Want a web presence that's modern, professional and affordable? We can set you up with everything you need, including domain names, hosting, email @ your domains, databases, backups, security, visitor tracking, statistics and much more.
- Simple Pages to Complex Apps; Blogs, Forums, Galleries, Streaming Media, E-Commerce, Etc.
- Integrate w/ social networks like Facebook.
- Search Engine Friendly for excellent "organic" rankings.
- Risky free! We'll build it first, and you don't pay until, and unless you're happy.
- Go from concept to live publication in just minutes.
- Easy to operate, update and maintain with no special skills required.
- You own everything free and clear with no contracts or restrictions.
- Uses industry-standard software that runs on any typical server.
- Meets the Strictest W3C Standards for "Web 2.0" Interoperability & Accessibility.
- Or learn to build it yourself for free! Anyone can do it; just ask.
Joomla CMS Consulting & Development
"Joomla!" is a powerful, flexible, and free way to create and manage a sophisticated web site without any programming knowledge. We have worked with Joomla since its release, and know it inside and out. We are members of the Joomla project community, and offer complete support for Joomla, including:
- Joomla CMS installation, setup, administration and training.
- Custom & free templates for Joomla.
- Joomla core, third-party & custom extensions.
- Search Engine Friendly (SEF) URLs and site optimization (SEO).
- W3C standards compliance including xHTML5, CSS, etc.
- SSL Security & Encryption.
New Computers -vs- Upgrades
Most buyers don't need a whole new computer, but big brands make more selling complete packages, so they work hard to foster some common myths and fears about "old" PCs. Here are the facts.
- Most repairs and upgrades cost less than half the price of a new system of equal value.
- Viruses, spyware and other system problems can't cause permanent damage.
- Old computers don't just "wear out" or slow down over time.
- Windows 7 is no better than Windows XP or Vista, but upgrading or changing is possible on any PC.
- No PC name brand has any better technology or features than any other.
- Compatibility standards make old parts work with new ones, regardless of brand.
- Warranties and support for brand names are no better than a good custom builder.
Computers are not difficult or expensive to maintain with good help. A wise consumer can save hundreds every year by repairing or upgrading only the parts that need it. Over time, your computer can evolve whenever and however you wish, keeping up with new technology without the expense, headache and waste of buying a new system, moving all your stuff, and getting it all setup the way you like.